I really don't mind waking up every 3 hours at night. In fact, I rather enjoy it. It's the 'us' time Athena and I have. I don't mind the changing and the feeding. I do rather mind the crying because it sometimes scares me. I don't mind having to adjust the air-con temperature a lot because she gets cranky if it's too hot or too cold.

But I do really mind when people expect me to be awake in the day as if I had nothing better to do. I do mind that I am expected to go through my ife right now as if my maternity leave is a holiday during which time I can do whatever I want or go wherever I can. I do mind that nobody tries to understand that I need the day to catch up on the sleep I lose during the night. I do mind that, even while I am sick (which I am right now), I am expected to go through the motions as if it's just another day in which I get to waste doing nothing.

And what worries me is that I nearly fell in the bathroom today because I suddenly got dizzy.

I hate being weak. And being sick is being weak. Being pathetic and whiney is being weak. When I think I'm being weak, I always try to yank myself out of it.

Like what I should be doing now. But I'm too sleepy and drugged and sick to be strong.

But I still have so much to do.

*sigh*

Comments (0)