I've been wanting to write about this for ages but I just never had the time to put my thoughts together.

After Christmas last year, my entire family (which of course includes Shook and Athena now) went to KL. For everyone else, it was a holiday. My sisters and I went to watch Mamma Mia!

If there is ever one musical anyone has to watch at least once in their lifetime, I believe that Mamma Mia should be it. Unless of course, you hate musicals and detest the existence of ABBA. But if you happen to like both or either one, Mamma Mia is the musical to watch.

It is phenomenal. After watching it, I was more than willing to walk back in and watch it again. And I would ahve if the tickets weren't already sold out or only the RM400 ones were left.

The absolutely best part of the musical was not just the half-naked hot bods running around stage at one point but also the finale. The cast sang three extra songs during which time everyone was allowed to jump up and dance. I was already itching to dance throughout the musical itself so when the chance presented itself, I jumped.

There were some sourpusses around us though. One guy I saw even had his earphones plugged in the entire time. Why be there if you didn't want to watch the show?! My mom said maybe he won the tickets. My reply was why sign up for the contest if you didn't want to watch the show? Or heck, give it to someone else who would appreciate it far better! And then there was this family in the row in front of us who clearly didn't enjoy themselves at all. How could you not enjoy ABBA songs? How?!

The musical left me wanting more so I came home and watch the movie version a few times. And I'm still not bored of it. In my car now? Mamma Mia songs still blasting through the speakers. Why blasting? So that I can sing right along with the cast.

So will I go watch it again? Any day, anytime.

Comments (0)