No, I'm not pregnant again. Haha! Just thought I'd clarify that.

Anyway, a few days ago, my father suddenly messaged me from China asking what I would want if I could have anything. If there is one question I don't like, that would be it. I have always hated being disappointed. So when I get a question like this, it just opens up that disappointment jar because the question has such a wide range of possibilities. When Ia sked him to clarify, he said to just name it.

So I began thinking of all that I do have. I already have a car, a laptop, a handphone, a house. I couldn't think of anything else I would want. And I knew I had to be reasonable about it.

Then I thought about Athena and I realised that I've been taking photos of her and they've turned out to be grainy. So I asked him if I could have a camera. When he replied 'OK' I panicked. I'm not used to getting what I want. I may be spoilt in terms of affections and love and attention but I always think nobody will get me what I want. So I wasn't really expectingmuch from all this.

Then yesterday, I began to wonder if my father might have bought me a Sony camera and I was hoping they get me one with a pretty colour. My parents love buying Sony products because the Sony shop they always go to gives them amazing customer service.

However, when I unwrapped the present they passed to me, my sister, who was curious as well, started to squeak and then she squealed. I almost dropped the box but she grabbed it and hugged the thing. I had to wrestle it away from her just so I could take a look at what I got. And my jaw hit the floor when I saw it.

Out of all the cameras I expected my parents to get me, this was definitely not what I envisioned. But I love it and I am now looking forward to playing around with it. I did always want to try my hand at photography. It has been a quiet interest of mine since I got back from the US. But I always knew cameras like these are expensive and the only one I ever did play around with is the school camera. But now that I have one of my own, I'm eager to try. And since I've been watching Gette a lot and I've been reading up on the Net on photography and I've always admired the photos taken by National Geographic photojournalists, I think I might take this interest a little more seriously.

So I'm glad the holidays are coming up. So I can take photos of my favourite subject - Athena .

Comments (0)