I have seen many kinds of people. Some I interacted with, even liked, while some I just knew from a distance. I have seen them make mistakes and I have seen some of  them learn from their mistakes. The humbler ones even admitted to committing those mistakes and were big enough to apologise for them. The not-so-humble ones either never admitted upon knowing or just went their merry way feeling holier-than-thou.

Some of the most pleasant feelings I have ever had has been from knowing that I know people who have admitted they have made mistakes and are willing to change. Even as they have decided to age gracefully and be a better person, they are also aware that others can and have made the same mistakes they did. They accept people as they are without judging them based on anything at all. For that reason I am proud to call them my friends even as I sometimes wonder how they regard me.

But it doesn't matter. They know I accept them just as they are and I hope they return the favour. I may have had a momentary lapse in judgement about them or I might have even made the mistake of being too full of myself and judged them. But I see how they are now and I realise I have always enjoyed their company. And I hope they enjoy mine.

Now if friends or even acquaintances can do this for one another, it is indeed a sad, sad day when parents and family cannot, isn't it? But that is another story for another day.

For now, remember that "To err is human, to forgive Divine". We may be only human but we could try our hardest to be a better man (or woman).

Comments (2)

On Wednesday, February 16, 2011 11:23:00 pm , yati said...

oh my... so good to read you again!

and i hear what you say... and i'm sorry i haven't been very good at keeping in touch. but you know where i am whenever you need me! x

 
On Thursday, February 17, 2011 9:21:00 am , Raven said...

Woman, stop apologising for being busy, for having a life. I know who to go to when I need a friend and I know you will always, always!, be there for me :-)