I went to watch Terminator Salvation yesterday with Shook. I've been planning to watch it this holiday anyway so yesterday we took time out from Athena and went.

All I can say is that the fourth movie in any series tend to get to me. I used to watch movies a lot with my father so movies like Terminator, Predator and Rambo were the norm.

When I watched Rambo 4, I cried at the end. It is sad when you think about it. Worst if you watch them all continuously. John Rambo's only thought in the first Rambo was to go home. And he only reached home in the fourth movie which took place almost twenty years later.

Then you watch Terminator Salvation and you think about the first Terminator movie. Especially when Kyle Reese meets Sarah Connor for the first time and tells her what she is meant to do and the son they both create. Then you watch Salvation and there is the adult John Connor whose one thought is to save his father who is a teenaged Kyle Reese at that time. It kinda boggles the mind. Even without watching the Sarah Connor Chronicles on TV.

So following these movies like I do, it's no wonder I can get emotionally involved. Some people may not understand as they most likely don't think this genre of movies can evoke any real emotions. But if you pay attention and you give them a chance, these movies make more sense and have a better storyline than a lot of dramas out there.

Comments (1)

On Monday, June 08, 2009 4:42:00 pm , Alli said...

ooo terminator salvation! how was it? any good? i'm really looking forward to watching it. its not here yet, movies tend to open really late here.