Age

Have you noticed how the younger a person is the more jiwang they are?

I mean, I deal with teenagers all day. I listen to them a lot. So when I say something about teenagers, trust me, I'm not blowing hot air. I know what I'm saying.

A few of my students have me on their IM list and I see the nicknames they use as well as the display names they've typed in. And the things they say are so hilarious. Things like 'I love him but he doesn't notice', 'My heart is breaking because you don't know how much I love you', 'Fuck off, bitch. He's mine!', 'I like her but she likes someone else' and best yet 'I like this girl but someone else likes me. What do I do?'

And then when you ask them about it, they won't tell. What the hell did you think when you advertise it all over the internet? That nobody would ask? Then you're a big fool. Or maybe...they want you to ask so that they'll know someone is reading or so that they will feel 'cherished'. I wonder if it has ever occured to them that someone might also be laughing at them?

But these are kids. And they behave as kids do.

They will learn as kids do too.

Now, if you show me a 'matured' adult who does this...then I'll start to worry about what our world is coming to.

Comments (0)