I was about to sit down and watch TV this morning when a truly loud, pulled-out noise shattered the quiet of my neighbourhood. Immediately recognising the sound, I shouted - just for the sake of it! - and ran out to my balcony.

The sight that greeted me was one that I have always, always loved.



Fighter planes! Jets! Whatever you call them.

Four of them flying in formation. So close to the ground I felt that I could have reached out and touched them.

And they were awesome. I think they flew over the house at least 6 times.

By the time they did the third pass, I was outside armed with my camera. After I caught photos twice and a very, very short video once, I was already doing the insane dance. My sisters were laughing despite long knowing my love for these planes. Even my father came out to ask if I took a photo. Still doing the hoppity-hop, I grinned and told him yes. My sisters declared that the pilots could be reporting back to the tower that there is a crazy girl doing the raindance in her front yard while waving her hands in the air as they went pass. I didn't bother disputing that because 1) they're probably too busy getting their routine correct to notice and 2) they were near enough to see me.



Which is when my sisters asked if I want to join them to attend the Merdeka parade. My parents are invited so we get to go. After seeing those jets, heck yeah, I'm there!

So I had a wonderful morning except that out of everyone I messaged to tell this, nobody replied! So much for sharing the joy! Next time, I won't be bothered. Apparently I'm not cool enough to reply to.

Oh well, I had a great morning. I'm actually looking forward to Merdeka parade now.

Comments (0)