I went to watch Fantastic Four the other night. As usual, I managed to get a big group of us to go. There was Shook, me, Jerome, Mee Chern, Ben, Yi Fang, Eric and Art. The conversation I had with Art that afternoon was funny.

Me: Hey! I told Jerome that we have a triple date going to the movies tonight.

Art (with a grin): So that means I get Eric then.

Me: Haha! Eric's your date!!

It was just one of those things.

Anyway, the movie was good. I didn't expect them to follow the comic books that much. And since I'm just what I consider a casual reader of the comic books, I didn't think I'd be able to detect any faults with the movie. As it turned out, I had no problems with the movie. Everyone in the Fantastic Four was how they were like in the comic books. Of course, Sue Storm was pre-Sue Richards. Yet, I could have sworn that she had platinum blonde hair when I last saw her. I mean, that's why I liked Sue in the first place. As a child, the mere idea that hair colour could be any other colour than black was fascinating. I have to dig up that old comic book I have of them to check now.

Johnny Storm has always fascinated me because he's the Human Torch. Fire is hypnotising. I love fire. I don't like heat very much but I love fire. Fun to play with, despite the fact that I've been warned against doing so. But yes, Johnny was just as cocky and reckless as in the comic books.

I never did like Reed Richards very much. There's something about a man who can elongate himself at will that I find particularly unsettling. That's just me. But Ioan Gruffudd played him very well. In fact, he looked exactly like Reed Richards.

Ben Grimm had a great story to tell and it was well told. Although the entire Ben Grimm/The Thing saga spanned a few years of comic books and the movie compressed it to within a few minutes. I really hated his wife for being for being so superficial and sickening. So much for 'its-what's-inside-that-matters'. SOme people are just shallow that way. They're only nice to good-looking people. The rest of us inferior ones are treated like dirt. Hah!! Oh, and the actor is Michael Chiklis not Bruce Willis!!

My only gripe was Victor von Doom. I don't remember him ever being in the space station. I knew he wore body armour but didn't remember him mutating into the armour. The costume was exact but the source of it was not.

And I sat next to the worst man ever throughout the whole movie. No, not talking about Shook. Shook I love so I can handle. But the other guy next to man laughed like Elmer Fudd and kept slamming his body against his seat. He also loudly declared it was Bruce Willis and just laughed at everything even when it's not funny. Most of all, he got juvenile when Sue Storm stripped. What a stupid jackass!! But not worth my time, my blog space or my annoyance. Just...not worth it!!

Comments (0)