For someone who was not enthusiastically waiting for Half-Blood Prince to appear on the shelves, I actually managed to read quite a lot of it within one day!

My student bought a copy over the weekend and finished reading it over the weekend. So she brought it to school today. Since her friends could not begin it today, I borrowed the book with the promise to return it by 4 p.m. So between the hours of 8.10 - 9.30 a.m., 12.05 - 12.50 p.m. and 2.00 - 2.50 p.m., I managed to read 24 out of 30 chapters. In between, I had to teach and prepare lessons. Even while I was reading, I had to entertain one or two students who were curious enough to watch me read. When one particular I-am-better-than-you student decided to test me on what I understood, I was persnickety enough to prove to her that not only did I read every single word enough to understand and remember the bits, I even remembered bits she didn't remember despite her boast of having read it within one weekend! The lesson here is: Don't bother me with your boasting when I am busy reading!!

Anyway, for me personally, the book is okay. The basic plot is a lot like the previous book. The first 3 books had some subtle differences in them but after that, it sort of went downhill for me. Maybe I'll just stick to the movies and wait for those instead. Don't get me wrong. I'll read the books just to find out what happens. But I'm not willing to spend RM99.90 for any of them. I'll leave such investments in the hands of more die-hard fans.

Along the veins of Potter-verse, I had the most whacked conversation with my mom and youngest sister about Azreen's picture in the papers on Sunday.

Me: Look! Azreen! Shook's sister!

My youngest sister, Nuril: She does not look like Shook!

My mom: She's Shook's sister. Of course she looks like Shook!

Nuril: But Shook's so skinny, and she's...

Me: This is starting to sound very familiar!! Don't even go there!

My mom: How can Shook's sister not look like Shook? Of course she looks like Shook

Me: It's Shook's sister, okay?!

Comments (0)