I think I have been cursed (or blessed, whichever way you see it) with a short interest span. I always thought it was a short attention span and yes, I do suffer from that too. I think I might have a mild case of Attention Deficiency Disorder. It never seems to matter whether I'm tired or enjoying myself or anything but the moment anyone keeps going on and on about the same topic or matter everytime we meet, I can almost hear a switch click in my head. And I'm pretty good at walking away when I've decided someone is a bore to me.

Where am I headed with this? I have no idea. I know it started with my wish to change my blog template again (!!). I consider it a constant ongoing act of improving my skills. Also, I've been considering doing something different. Every once in a while, I get bored with what I'm doing and I do something else entirely. I was thinking that there might be more to life than just working all day, hanging out with friends all the time and meeting up to watch movies. Heck! There might even be more to life than just getting drunk despite what some people might say. So I've been going through my options of what I can do. It's now down to dancing lessons or aikido (or was it kendo? I'm not sure. Got to ask Shook). If I was in KL, I'd have signed up at the paintball park or the gun club already!

This is the kind of mood that gets me doing crazy things. But as long as I live with my parents, I live by their rules, which helps the sanity level really.


I just got back from Wilfred's wedding service at the St. Joseph's church. It was good. We were chuckling at Will's caught-in-the-headlights look. Everyone was surprised about how much I know of Will and Shook's escapades. They've all decided that since Will has joined the Marriage Club, Shook is the current bad boy left in the Singles Club. There's a few running jokes about the wedding today. It was a good wedding. When the priest asked if Wil entered this willingly, Eric made a sound and movement of prepping a shotgun. When the priest asked Tremas, I whispered to Eric that it was Tremas holding the shotgun. But Will and Tremas are fun people. They still remember how to enjoy themselves. Most of our friends are in the same age group so we may act playful and reckless but we're not childish about what we do. I think Leon and Shook once called this a careful recklessness or something like that. It's when we're being reckless but we don't lose control of ourselves.

I love these guys. I thank them always for helping me meet Shook. They gave me advice constantly about him. They taught me how to treat him and what he has gone through. They helped me accept him as he is. Because of that, I always try to make sure we meet up with them once in a while to hang out. I can't expect him to spend all his time with me only and I can't expect him to stay home when I can't be with him. And most of all, I can't expect him to take me with him everywhere he goes, even if he does go out to meet up with our friends. If I was this selfish, I can't imagine how mad I'd get during the many times Mac took him to party at Leon's house without inviting me! And this was when we were already dating. But guys need their guy friends. I accept that. I like to think I'm the strong enough and sure enough to handle it well.

And their stories. I love their stories. Some people might think they tend to talk about boring things. But nothing is boring with these guys. They make fun of everything. They're very open about everything. They test your patience, your open-mindedness, your strength. Life would be so boring without them around.

And today, Will got married. I think that bet is still going around on who is next! :D

Comments (0)