I was watching episode 6 of Supernatural Season 2. At the beginning of the episode, Sam, who is played by Jared Padalecki, and Dean, played by Jensen Ackles, had just stored some of their gear in the boot of their car.

Dean: Los Angeles, California.
Sam: What's in LA?
Dean: Young girl's been kidnapped by an evil cult.
Sam: Yeah? Girl got a name?
Dean: Katie Holmes
Sam: (laughs) It's funny. And for you...so bitchy.

And then in episode 7, the brothers are caught by the police and one of the detectives is played by Linda Blair. At the end of the episode, as they are walking away, Sam said "Nice lady" referring to Linda Blair's character Detective Ballard

Dean replies, "Yeah. For a cop."
Then Sam asks, "Does she look familiar to you?"
Dean answers, "No. Why?"
Sam nudges Dean playfully then asks, "Hey, are you hungry?"
Dean replies, "No."
To which Sam says, "For some reason, I could really go for some peasoup."

Which got me all cracked up because in the Exorcist, Linda Blair's 'puke' was made out of...peasoup. Hilarious if you know your horror movie trivia.

I still enjoy watching this show because, unlike a lot of other shows on the supernatural, they don't take themselves too seriously and a lot of the plot is based on either urban legends or real supernatural reportings. And the show has a cool soundtrack - mostly 70s and 80s rock. Even Dean's ringtone is Smoke On The Water by Deep Purple. I'm currently downloading the soundtrack from Season One. I can say this without worry because there is no official soundtrack and this download is from some guy who probably put the list together based on the songs in the show. I wanted to do this too but he beat me to it so I'm just going to grab his list.

Oh, and I discovered that when my mood is just right, I actually can listen to Paris Hilton's Nothing In This World. I know the video is kinda cute and she's really easy to listen to - no angst, no thumping or drumming. Just something light and easy. And the video is of a common plot so it's easy to watch too. But only if I'm in the right mood, like I was today.

Told you today had some funny moments.


Listening to: Dear Mr. President - Pink Feat. Indigo Girls - I'm Not Dead

Comments (0)