I was standing outside Shook's house tonight, watching the fireworks coming from the neighbours' house.

Between Shook and his dad, I learnt that the neighbours are firing the expensive fireworks. And I believe them because these fireworks are gorgeous. Shook called them a name that I can't recall right now. But they break into little glitters of light like stars and they're mullti-coloured. The ones I love most start out plain old white and then explode into purple then break up into small glittering stars. I was standing at the door grinning like an idiot, just totally fascinated and in love with the show of fireworks.

Sometimes, it is good to still be enchanted by silly little things like fireworks. You end up feeling almost child-like. Another plus is that, if you can retain this outlook on things, nobody would be able to guess your true age or even tell you that your age is showing. Haha!

Another thing that sort of made me go all gooey and squee inside is that Shook joined my family for our traditional reunion dinner on Saturday night. I think he's getting the idea that we might not be perfect but we get along pretty okay. And also, my 3 month old niece is totally enchanted by him. She giggle and gurgles at him. How unusual is that!

So...yeah...squee moments even in the midst of the 'war' of fireworks outside.
Anyway, I spent all day today visiting and I should be tired. I was earlier but I had to finish an assignment to be uploaded and submitted tomorrow...errr, today. I am also having breakfast with my cousins in the morning. So I should go to sleep.

Oh well! Happy Chinese New Year to everyone!

Comments (3)

On Monday, February 19, 2007 2:41:00 am , Anonymous said...

firework rocks! i drag jules to see fireworks every november for guy fawkes!

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!! once we manage to get rid of the hacker off my blog, there's a chinese new year drawing for all :)

xx

 
On Tuesday, February 20, 2007 4:55:00 pm , thewisekid said...

such a disappointing CNY this year for me... =(

no fireworks, no lion dance too!!
=(

more disappointing when we thought Penang would have been THE place to catch lion dance performance!!
=(

anyways, hope this piggy year brings you more porkie good luck, good health, love & happiness! (=

 
On Tuesday, February 20, 2007 7:55:00 pm , Anonymous said...

And also, my 3 month old niece is totally enchanted by him.

I forgot to mention! When I was at Nick's, his cousins came by and the youngest one - a boy - kept coming up to me and telling me what cards Zack had when we were playing Uno. Zack accused me of using my "feminine charms", but I think it's just the good ol' family charm working. Kids tend to like all four of us for some bizarre reason.