I just realised that my template only looks really nice when it's read using a widescreen monitor. I'll adjust it as soon as I can.

Anyway, the reason for this blog post is a new Malay movie titled Qabil Khushry Qabil Igam. As soon as Shook pointed the trailer out to me, I was immediately struck by the similarity to the Hindi movie Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham. And when we went to the website, there was even a mention there of the similarities.

However, I'm not here to diss the movie or the plot or anything since Malay and Hindi movies are long known for their tendencies to copy each other and English movies.

What I am here for is to bring attention to the website itself. Go to the English version and click on the Synopsis and read that. I tell you. It is hilarious! I suspect that whoever wrote the synopsis took the Malay version, sent it to Babel Fish and pasted the translation onto the website. Or even worst, did not use Babel Fish and decided they knew English well enough to write an English version.

To give you an idea of how bad it is, here's an excerpt:
But these boys are naughty but not as worst as swallowing a human alive. Yes, even their names are suppose to portray as good boys, they can be sitting down politely, as if they want to become a women?

It gets worst. But it is worth going to if you need a good laugh and want to give our Education Ministry a good scare.

Just when I thought the website couldn't get worst, I went to the Malay version and it's horrible! Even in Malay, the writer of the synopsis spoils it! How on earth can you get people to go to the movie if the website sucks so bad?

Here's the same excerpt in Malay:
Tapi jahat diorang idak ler sampai nak telan orang idup-idup. Yer ler, nama pun budak laki-laki, kalau nak duduk bertimpuh sopan santun, baik ler jadi pompuan kan?

I had a 'what the...?' moment. It's just so very unprofessional. Which is sad since the website looks very nice.

Comments (2)

On Tuesday, February 06, 2007 12:02:00 am , Anonymous said...

hmmmm... i don't think bahasa pasar works on babel fish! i can't believe they used bahasa pasar on their website!!

it seems that they translated it word by word to english and didn't take grammar into consideration!

 
On Wednesday, February 07, 2007 12:03:00 am , Raven said...

So no matter how good the movie is, the website just spoilt it for all of us!
And they've got the site address everytime they show the trailer on TV. What were they thinking?!