I like giving people the benefit of the doubt. It helps me to see if I'm too judgemental or quite right in trusting my instincts. So far, my instincts win hands down. I believe I know people well enough through watching them and interacting with them. A good person cannot hide how good they are just as a bad person cannot hide how bad they truly are.

The bitches in us are actually to hide how easily we can be hurt while the assholes in some guys are actually to hide how much they need to be loved and understood. On the other end of the extreme, there are some guys who claim to be nice but are really insufferable jerks.

So, when I see these people, I watch them, I try and talk to them and, above all, I give them the benefit of the doubt. Sometimes, I get tired of their bad vibes and just don't bother with them. Or I get attracted to their good vibes and keep trying to pull them out of their shells. A lot of times, I am right in my decisions about people. There's been only one or two occasions when I am proven wrong. But I don't talk to those people anymore and neither do I even acknowledge they exist so my problem is solved.

Anyway, I just want to acknowledge tonight that I have a colleague who seems to must have the limelight only on her. When she has a problem with her other colleagues, it's a major issue. She's so stressed and wants to change jobs and can't trust them so don't you trust them yadda yadda yadda. But when I have a problem of trust with a colleague, all she says is 'Don't care about them lah! I also don't care anymore.'

So your problem needs to be aired while mine gets shoved as irrelevant?! Oh, thank you so much! See if I trust you anymore!

Oh, and also, she's so gleeful and showy when the guys are paying her attention. But when they pay attention to someone else, she criticises that person for wanting their attention. My first thought is 'Huh?'

Oh, I'm just ranting. I know she has a self-esteem problem and feels the need for attention and all that. But it just doesn't help how I feel right now.If you feel that you're important that I need to listen to you, then at least pay me the courtesy of listening to me when I need it as well.

I've always believed that I solve my problems by helping others solve theirs. When I've solved theirs, I feel so good about myself that my problems become insignificant. But some people aren't worth helping. Because they don't know how to return the favour.

Some of us are trying to be good people. If we really are all bad, how come some of us have better luck in our lives than others? Those of us who are trying to be good do have good things happen to us. Karma, remember?

Comments (1)

On Wednesday, February 07, 2007 5:38:00 am , Anonymous said...

alamak! terasa ni!