I finally did it!

I finally went and got that blasted monodrama out of the way! After sitting on for a little more than two months.

Even last night, I was tempted to chicken out. The feeling became worst after I found out that I was going to be evaluated by the most veteran of Toastmasters in our Club. He is revered even by other clubs and everyone knows him to be a good speaker. He's won awards upon awards for speaking. And I know he's done this manual before. So, to say I was freaking out is an understatement.

At the same time, I realised that if I didn't do it during this meeting, then I'd most likely will never get it done. So I grabbed the bull by the horns and went up there and did the presentation.

It didn't turn out as well as I wanted it to but it didn't turn out too badly either. Apparently, I played it well enough to entertain everyone.

Dunstan said it's the hardest project in the manual, which is one of the hardest manuals among the advanced manuals. It was the Interpretive Reading manual. And Victor was impressed because I wrote it myself. He says others have just pulled a monologue off the Net and read that.

So, yes, I finally got it out of the way. And now I can progress to the next projects. I can either do a Roast or a Play. The Roast is only about 5 minutes and the Play is between 10 to 15 mminutes. Roasting's easier.

Comments (0)