I had so many things I wanted to say...that I wanted to blog about. Some I wanted to get gleeful over - like having appeared in the papers twice over a space of two weeks for reasons I wish I knew. SOme things I wanted to rant about. Others I just wanted to impart. But all of it was forgotten in favour of one particular event.

Prison Break

I set out not going all out to watch it. I've heard about it and I was considering it but I was not making a point to sit in front of the tv to watch it.

But my big brother insisted I watch it. He emphasised that it was one of the best shows he's ever seen. He said that he once stayed up all night j7ust to watch the rest of the season on dvd.

So, when he managed to pass the season 1 dvd set to my mom, I did what any human, curious, real cat lover would do. I popped it into the dvd player and watched it.

And I must say, he's right. After the 5th episode, I was tempted to fast forward everything just to see how it goes but I knew I'd miss something if I did that. On the other hand, I could not wait for each episode to go on so that I'd know what happened next. At the same time, I was also afraid to see what would happen next.

A real quandary, I tell you.

Yet right now, I am watching episode 6 of the first Season and I'm hooked. I've already booked the Season 2 dvds from a student so she'll pass them to me as soon as she can.

Overall, I enjoy the show. It's not action packed, it's not babe packed. It's a thriller that's almost thought provoking. But one thing for sure is that it's heart stopping. The thing I hate is that I know who the bad guys are, I know who the good guys are and I know who the victims and manipulators are. I just need to know how they all end up. It's like a romance story. You know how they'll all end up. You just need to know how they got there!

It's a show I enjoy yet I hate the fact that I'm watching it. Go figure!

Comments (4)

On Tuesday, April 03, 2007 10:48:00 pm , HeadLiner said...

Told u !
I hardly ever recommend tv series to anyone but this is so good because you dont know what is going to happen next.
Season two is just over I think..
I just have to warn u,....be prepared for unpredictable twists and turns...

brilliant tv writing..

 
On Wednesday, April 04, 2007 12:38:00 am , Anonymous said...

we're watching season 2 here!! my gosh! it's so annoyingly addictive!

another thing you should watch... Life on Mars! BRILLIANT! A TV company in US has decided to do an American version... i can't see it working.

y.
xx

p.s. might take up your offer soon...

 
On Thursday, April 05, 2007 2:02:00 am , thewisekid said...

u don't recommend TV series, Headliner?

I beg to differ! u do, and it's usually not as good as PB! ;)

Go Scofield!
owh, btw... Michael Scofield made his way to Wikipedia already! Just so u know... ;)

 
On Tuesday, April 10, 2007 2:19:00 pm , Raven said...

Headliner, I want more Prison Break. All right, maybe I am desperate enough to find downloads somewhere. Doesn't matter. I just bought a new hard disk - 320 GB. So I can get all the Prison Breaks, Supernatural and CSI I want!! :D

Meyer, waiting to hear from you. My offer stands...open-ended. And I really am trying not to get hooked onto another tv show.

Angelita, I was at 1Utama the other day and I saw the Gap ad with Micheal Scofield and I almost went nuts. Squeed right in the middle of the mall! I went all 'Wentworth!' and grinned. Sisters now think I'm nuts ;D Oh, and Headliner usually only recommends football, so don't be too harsh on him when it comes to tv shows. Haha!