There is always this belief that just because someone is educated or part of a well-known organisation, it is safe to assume that they are also considerate.

So not true!

I spoke to a Toastmaster member over the weekend as she kept hassling me to do a few things for her and to attend a particular event. I kept telling her I was getting married in two weeks. And she kept asking whether I could attend the event a few days before the wedding. Think about it! A wedding is no easy thing to be a part of and you are asking me to divide my time and energy and person between your event and mine! Which would you logically think would mean more to me?!

I am so glad my own Toastmasters club members understand what I'm going through and have given me some slack. Others are just too zealous that they forget we're not paid by Toastmasters to do what we do. We're volunteering and we pay for Toastmasters to work for us! Some people need a life...or to have more sex, whicever helps them more.

Anyway, I do have a few more things to rant about but I'll keep it for blog fodder for later.

I'm supposed to be doing some marking and report writing but if I read one more answer that goes round in circles, I'll scream. So I think I'll just sing for awhile then bring the papers home to be marked. I can also do report writing at home while I read up on Dean and Sam Winchester and the ghosts they are chasing.

Oh, my wedding planner just called me to say that my clothes are ready and I can go for fittings tomorrow. They worked faster than I expected. I hope it turns out well. I have enough to worry about without my clothes going berserk.

And my sisters are supposed to work on a presentation for the wedding reception. I'm afraid they might end up humiliating me instead. One of them seem to have no idea of the differentiation between insulting and fun.

Comments (0)