I should be doing work. In fact, despite all the things I've read about not bringing work home, I have no choice but to bring work home.

You know the phrase 'not enough hours in the day'? I'm experiencing it big time. Most teachers get a maximum of 31 teaching periods. In fact, I know some who get 25 and they start complaining and bitching. I've got 40. Which only gives me 10 hours to do my teaching plan. Which is so not enough.

Recently, I've managed to bring my teaching load to 36 hours. But I also took on teaching extra lessons. I have three lower secondary classes. I teach these three Social Studies. Recently, the Sejarah teacher for the National students in the International stream left. And nobody seems interested or capable of teaching Sejarah. So guess who had to open her big mouth because she was thinking of the good of the students? Yours truly.

So until a new teacher comes in at the end of the month, my teaching load still stands at 36 a week but for 12 of those loads, I'm planning two lessons in one - Social Studies and Sejarah. Which means, by right, I should get at least 24 lessons free to do my planning. I only have 14 lessons free now to do any planning for any class.

So if I seem like I'm flying by the seat of my pants, it's probably because I am. And when I have to deal with smartass students who not only think they know better but also won't accept suggestions and advice, I'm waist deep in a hell of my own choosing.

And I'm praying I don't have to house-sit or anything. So far, since we've been married, we've done nothing during Syuk's breaks other than house-sit. Once for my house and twice for his. I need this Chinese New Year break like my life depended on it and I don't sleep very well at his house.

*Sigh* the sacrifices and choices I have to make. A lesser person would be selfish about it. But my mother brought me up to be a better person not a lesser one. So what do I always end up doing? Sacrificing for the good of others. Teaching really is becoming my vocation in life.

Comments (0)