It's that time of year again.

And again, I am reminded of why I can barely tolerate it. But my father enjoys the life so who am I to expect any less?

But when I hardly see my parents and I don't know whether they're coming and going AND I have to take responsibility of my sisters, I find it very difficult to not get angry with the area my father is in.

But he loves what he's doing and he's good at it, so I guess I can take a back seat for awhile. After all, it'll only be two weeks. After that, we can go on holiday as we wish.

Not many people can conpletely understand this or can even claim they understand. They don't have my parents and the high expectations. They don't have the commitment involved and they don't have to make the sacrifice we inevitably have to make.

If we were spoilt brats, my sisters and I could easily throw a temper tantrum and have a childish fit. But we've been in this game for too long. And as much as they don't like it, my sisters have learnt to be tolerant because I refuse to allow them any less.

After all our parents have done for us, what's two weeks to ask in return?


Listening to: I'm Not That Girl (Reprise) - Various Artists - Wicked

Comments (0)