I was struck by a strong urge to go shopping today. So, after taking Nuril from her holiday programme classes, we went to The Spring. And, as per normal, we ended up at MPH. I decided that I might as well use my rebates while I was there. So, I ran around looking for any books which caught my eye.

After taking some and putting back others and then taking some more and putting back what were in my hands, I ended up with four books and one A6 size notebook. The notebook was a little pink floral thing by moof. Just last week, I bought a huge pink planner for next year. And before you wonder why, I'm going pink this time because I'm seeing pink all the time. Try looking through Athena's clothes and not be affected by the pinkiness of it all.

Anyway, the books I bought were:
Someone I know has this book as well (I can't remember who) and I've always been interested to read it. But the one at MPH came at a 20% discount for members so I figured I had nothing to lose. Especially if the book turns out to be as good as it sounds.

The blurb says that "Starbook tells the tale of a prince and a maiden in a mythical land where a golden age is ending. Their fragile story considers the important questions we all face, exploring creativity, wisdom, suffering and transcendence in a time when imagination still ruled the world." Those two lines alone piqued my interest so I grabbed it. Before this, I actually had a Malay fantasy book in my hand. So I sacrificed the fantasy in Malay for the one in English. Maybe I'll go back for the Malay book another day.

This one was really interesting. It explores a 'what if?' situation. In this case, it's "What happens when a group of college kids wake to discover their ordinary lives have just taken an extraordinary turn?" Then it adds "A party in a college flat. A case of dodgy home-brewed beer. A violent storm. Next day: the mother of all hangovers. What would you do if the morning after the night before brought a banging head, a raging thirst... Oh, and your very own superpowers?"

This, I bought because it's Nora Roberts. I cannot resist Nora Roberts. In fact, I had one of her JD Robb books in my hand when I saw Superpowers. So I put that back and grabbed Superpowers instead. I hope I don'r regret it. Anyway, if you ever want to read a romance book that had more suspense and action than romance, Nora Roberts is the way to go. And I still might go back for the JD Robb book later.

So, I am looking forward to reading all the books I bought. Right afetr I finish reading Bourne Betrayal by Eric Van Lustbader and The Expected One by Kathleen McGowan. Both of which I had borrowed from Sarawak Club library.

In addition to the books I bought, I also paid for Revealers by Amanda Marrone which Nuril wanted. I only had to pay about RM65, thanks to my rebate. And, since I was expecting to pay a few hundred for my shopping, I was happy to still be able to buy something else. So I walked into FOS and bought a few cotton pants to wear at home and to sleep in and also three of their ECO bags.

And there ends my shopping. Something I only do once in a while due to financial constraints. Even then, when I do go shopping, I go to inexpensive places. The only things I'm willing to spend lots of money on are books. I'm a cheapskate when it comes to anything else. Or I go to eBay where I can get bags for less than RM50 each.

Comments (0)