I thought about joining NaNoWriMo. I've been contemplating it for years but the event happens during the busiest time of the year for me. And I didn't need a month long event to add to the already existing stress of my work.

However, this year, I find myself having little to occupy my time during this month. I do still go into work at times to pick up some exam papers to mark or to key in reports or just catch up on work decisions. But most of the time, I'm at home taking care of Athena. During the day, however, the maid is on hand to keep an eye on her, leaving me pretty much to my own devices. I spend most of that available time catching up on sleep though. So I have too little time to run around town but too much time to sit doing nothing.

So what I thought of doing was to join NaNoWriMo. But the more I thought about it, the more I got bored with the idea. I like the concept but I'm not too keen to joining something which I know I won't be able to commit fully to later.

So what I've decided to do is this. I will still write my story since I have most of the story all worked out already. I just don't have an ending but I'm sure that will come to me later. I will write it out throughout the month almost as if I was part of the crazy event. Then at the end of the month, I will see how much I am able to do within that time period. Then I can gauge how commited I can be to doing some serious writing.

And just to show how bored I am at home, I have been buying things on eBay. Mostly bags. I've been having this odd obsession for bags. So far, I've won 3 bids for sling bags. And each one costs me less than RM50.

I really need to start doing something useful again before I run out of money which I don't have.

Comments (0)