I'm not going to bitch and moan and whine but I think I'll stick to the facts.

Fact is, I can bitch and moan and whine and I used to bitch and moan and whine. I did it so much that I got sick of hearing myself. But I haven't done that in awhile so I might be due for it soon.

People say that we humans are social creatures. That we need friends and companionship. But sometimes, it just gets so bloody hard that it might not even be worth the trouble. Sometimes I wonder why try so hard when everyone else either resists you or they just won't make the effort. I never did believe in beating a dead dog. I can be persistent to a point of foolishness but I don't beat dead dogs. Such a waste of time.

I've been thinking of some friends I used to have. You know how people say that birds of a feather flock together? Well, I used to hang out with two bird-brained people. Dumb blondes would be the phrase some people I know used on them. And quite honestly, while I was with them, I do believe my intellectual level dropped by almost 50%. I was incredibly self-centred and I lied a lot. It soon became a problem. So my solution was to walk away from the problem. I've always been good at that walking away thing. Seemed like a better idea than slugging it out and getting hurt later.

So I walked away from the lying 'friends' and have erased them from my list of friends and bummed them down to my list of acquaintances. I mean, I'd call an ambulance if I saw them dying at the side of the road but I won't hold their hands while they died. They don't mean that much to me anymore.

After all that, I stayed away from negative vibes. People do give out vibes, you know. I usually can detect negativity very easily. What bites is that I can be emphatic enough to absorb some of the vibes. Leaves an awful residue sometimes but hey! I've learnt to live with it. Negativity is tiring. Makes you cynical, mean and more than willing to blame others for your own reluctance.

Social negativity is tiring. So much simpler to just sleep it away or just give up entirely. Makes me want to close my eyes and never open them again. That would make it so much easier, wouldn't it?

Comments (0)