It's been awhile since I've updated. It's been a busy few weeks. Right now, it's the school hols so I've finally got the time clear up some mess and get my things in order. I mean that quite literally too. I've got this bet going with Shook that if I don't clean up my room by Friday, I will allow him to smack me. Such privileges are far and few because I always try to avoid his smacks. They smart and usually leave my skin red for a while. However, I figured the pain was a good motivation to get me moving. If left to my own devices, I'd find ways and means to avoid cleaning my room. What makes it worst is that I have not allowed anyone to clean my room for me since I was 12 years old and I'm too full of pride to change that now.

The holiday has also allowed me to play the one game I have been wanting to play since I heard about it last year.
Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. I have always been fascinated with vampires and I used to play the RPG for Vampire the Masquerade when I was in the USA. We used to do it what Mac calls the old-fashioned way - no dice, maybe a pen and paper to keep track of what we said or did and a whole lot of environment. Some friends even went as far as to behave like vampires. I remember these 2 guys who signed up only for the classes that were available at night. And since it was in America and they catered to working adults as well, my friends actually graduated without ever going to a class during the day!

So far, Bloodlines is pretty cool. You get to pick to be in any of the 7 vampire clans and then you can customise your stats. For those who are not sure of what stats they want, there's even a series of questions and the game will determine which clan to put you in. I opted not to go for this as I just reverted back to my Toreador clan and the stats that went with my RPG character. Here is an icon I took off the Bloodlines website.

Toreador

Anyway, I also figured that playing this game is a good way to get rid of all the angst I've been experiencing. I guess all the loudness and whining I hear at home are getting on my nerves. I would like to have a nice quiet break not constant shouting and doors slamming and loud exaggerated laughing! Sheesh! No wonder some parents love school days!

Comments (0)