I was watching TV at Shook's house tonight and discovered the existence of 10-8. I always Danny Nucci was kinda cute but then I saw this guy. I think it was the glasses that made me say he was cute too...or maybe this photo just does not do him justice. But then my American friends always did say I have a fascination for very common looking guys.

Anyway, the show was quite palatable but, for some reason, Yodie found it very fascinating. She actually sat on Shook's keyboard tray and watched the show for at least 15 minutes before she fell asleep and decided to turn around to face the other way. Of course, she disturbed Shook's Flight Simulator game along the way.

Another thing about TV nowadays is the patrotic moments when they want to remind us it's Independence month a.k.a. Bulan Merdeka. I was watching one tonight when it started out with the colours and symbols of the flag being explained. Then they showed who was doing the explaining. At first, I couldn't figure out what the animated characters were. They looked like blobs to me. Then, upon further inspection and two similar advertisements (?) later, I realised that they were food products. Nuts, to be exact. By the 3rd ad, to which they were singing a patriotic song, my only thought was "Malaysians admit to being NUTS?! WTF is going on?"

I very distinctly saw a peanut and a cashew nut. I think there was a piece of corn and a kidney bean too. Maybe we're an assortment of ais kacang condiments or something. But yeah...we're nuts!

Comments (0)