I am starting to see a pattern to my dreaming habits.

Over the past few weeks, I thought my lack of dreams remembered is connected to my state of mental and physical exhaustion. But the past few days have proven me wrong.

My air-conditioner has just been serviced and it is very cold. Another factor for the coldness is the fact that the temperature setting is busted so it's at a constant temperature of 18 degrees Celsius.

But for the past couple of days, I have been having the weirdest dreams. On the first day after the air-con was serviced, I dreamt I was being helped by this gorgeous Marine. He showed up while I was being stalked by some killers and he helped me escape through what looked like downtown Saigon. Noticed that I used 'Saigon' which explains a whole lot about when this happened. But damn! He was gorgeous!

The second night, I dreamt I was battling some creatures from the dark. Monsters if I'm not mistaken. They can melt in and out of the shadows and are most powerful at night. In fact, light only cripples them. I was about to be told by a girl how to destroy them when my alarm woke me up.

And last night, I had a dream that has a recurring theme. I always seem to be dreaming about going back to university to study. Last night, I dreamt that I was back in university and it was my first day. (It's always my first day in my university dreams). A group of friends made up of various people from various aspects of my life took me to watch a parody of 'Lord of the Rings. I think it was called Lord of the Ring Boom or something equally dumb. People there were a lady from my Toastmasters, 2 of my students, Shook, Jerome and Nick. I know Art and Mac were going to join us later along with 2 more of my students. Thank god there was no Henrick!

Before we had to go to the movie, the Toastmaster lady was trying to talk me into driving her car. She said something about not being too confident. So I told her that I'll drive my own car, not hers. So her plan was to drive me to my dorm to get my car so that we could go to the mall later.

To my surprise, everyone piled into her 500 series BMW. I was about to get in when my alarm woke me up.

I remember, as we were walking out of the dorms to head to the parking lot, I was complaining to Nick about the weird subjects the university was forcing us to take. Even a grad student needed to take one particular undergraduate class. I think it was Life Skills. Which just boggles the mind. I remember looking at the paper and every subject had a 400 - 600 number attached but this one was 101. Really wacky!

Comments (0)