I was reading some points recently. And people who know what I mean...will know what I mean.

As much as we set ourselves some lists to follow, don't you think after a while it gets, not only ridiculous, but it sets you up for a lot of disappointment?

I know we do a lot of things to keep ourselves happy. Sometimes we do it out of vengeance or anger. But when we create requirements, it really becomes an open door to a lot of setbacks. Even the best laid plans can go awry. We are only humans. We get blindsided no matter how well we plan. Trust me, I know. I work in a school!

Sometimes what we want, we don't get.

But when we expect too much, we miss all the good things that do happen to us because we're too busy reaching for the stars. Sometimes, it's better to set our sights at a more reasonable and logical level.

If we require too much, we'll never get anything. And at the end of the day, we're just looking at more despair and angst.

This isn't the movies or a novel. We don't get happy endings. We just try to survive. Expecting too much is a sure ingredient for disheartenment.

The stronger ones among us become jaded. The weak give up. I'm not sure which is worst.

Comments (0)