Sometimes, when I think about my dreams, I wonder what they're trying to tell me.

Last night, I had two dreams going on simultaneously. I vaguely remember one but I definitely remember the other.

I remember that I had agreed to marry someone. Quite against my better judgement, I might add. It felt like a matchmaking thing where I never get to see the guy until the wedding day. So, because it was forced onto me, I was not enthusiatic at all about it. So I contributed nothing to the whole preparations.

But throughout the preparations, I remember going shopping with Shook's parents. I was even having a rather nice conversation with Shook's father where he was telling me how he and Aunty went shopping and were trying to buy me something. Apparently, it was a funny series of events but before he got to the punchline, my mind shoved me into the other dream.

And in the other dream, I was watching a guy go on a quest of some sort. I know he had a scroll in his hand and he kept referring to it to help him find his way. Then just as he got to his destination, I got sent back to my 'wedding' dream.

At this point, I was in a wedding outfit and heading towards a flat, where there was a function going on. I knew then that it was my wedding. My reluctance was so apparent that my parents kept looking at me. When I finally sat down, my groom appeared. At this point, I was already getting very upset. I kept thinking about Shook and I was about to cry. When I saw my groom, I nearly burst out crying. He was a big guy. He wasn't fat. He was just huge. Samoan huge. And I thought of Shook again and that's when I started crying. My father turned to me and said, very clearly, 'It's not too late to change your mind.'

That was all I needed to urge me to tell him I wanted Shook. 'I'm sure this guy is nice and all that, but I want Shook!' I remember wailing.

Just as he got up to break the news to everyone, the phone in my house rang and I woke up.

So, sometimes, I wonder if my dream are trying to reaffirm something or just trying to play with my mind.

Comments (0)