It's Raya morning and I'm actually looking forward to the day.

Then again, I think I'm too drugged up to begin feeling angsty because as per the tradition of my home, our first day of Raya is spent visitng my father's relatives first thing in the morning. And that is rarely something I care to look forward to.

I will be spending most of today at Shook's house. Which means I hope I can catch a few minutes sleep to allow my drugs to kick in and save me from grumpiness.

Oh! I'm on drugs because I felt a little of my tonsillitis problem creeping up on me and went to the doctor yesterday to avoid a full blown down-and-out today. Suffice to say, as soon as he realised my lack of sleep was affecting my blood pressure, he decided to drug me. But at least, I'm not so doped to my ears that I'm groggy and my hands are shaking. Which is fine by me.

Anyway, Selamat Hari Raya. Have a good Eid Mubarak.

I can hear firecrackers here but it's not as painful as at Shook's house. If those kids go to his place today waiting for Raya money, I'm going to pretend Shook's parents aren't home. And I'll mix all the drinks and serve it to them. See how long they can wait while nursing a major tummyache. Oh, and of course, the toilets will be conveniently "spoilt". All of them! Hah!

I seriously doubt charitable and forgiving extends to leeches

Comments (0)