Would you like to know what frustrates the hell out of me? Well, I'll tell you.

Ever since I got pregnant, I've been getting lots and lots of advice. Lots! Numerous! Some sound so ridiculous that I have a hard time not laughing out loud at them. Others are reasonable enough that I can accept, but not necessarily adopt.

But the ones that get on my fricking nerves are the ones that tell me I should not be going out with friends, that I shouldn't still be active in my social activities, that I shouldn't be watching movies or going out at night. Even worst, that I shouldn't be playing video or pc games now because I'm going to be a mother.

Then what in bloody blazes am I supposed to do?! It's bad enough I cannot move as fast as I usually do. (Then again, I still move a hell of a lot faster than some people in town!!) The baby is starting to kick up a storm when he/she is awake so I get more aches and pains. But it doesn't mean staying at home makes it all the much easier to bear! And since when is motherhood so boring?! Some people sound like it should be.

Oh! Oh! I almost forgot the all-time clincher! I should be eating more now that I'm supposed to be eating for two! How on god's green earth am I supposed to eat more than I can when the baby won't accept gluttony?! Granted, I do have to think about the baby when I eat but I'm eating so healthy due to baby's preferences that I'm not worried. In fact, baby's gaining weight normally while I'm losing weight incredibly! So what if other people want to use being pregnant as an excuse to never stop eating? Doesn't mean I have to as well.

So explain to me why I MUST chug down at least 3 glasses of milk a day when I always end up throwing up half the one glass of milk I do drink? I can get my calcium and proteins from other sources, like cheese and fish. Both of which baby can accept!

People like this, as much as I appreciate their 'helpful' advice, just don't seem to understand that every pregnancy is different! The best advice I got is from Shook's friend who said to listen to my body and the baby. And bloody hell, I am going to keep doing that!!

I never realise how stupid some people get. Then there are the people who defensively say that every parent is different but then turn around and make general remarks about pregnancies. Oh geez! Please! For once in your little life, use the brain god gave you! If every parent is different, don't you think it is logical that every pregnancy would be different too?

Aaargh! Rant over. This has been simmering in me for awhile now. I don't stay annoyed very long because baby is so injecting me with happy-happy-joy-joy feelings. But once I explode, it is short and sweet and...explosive.

Comments (0)