A combination of the two can be really annoying.

On Thursday, I woke up with a very sore throat. I struggled through teaching all day then drank lots of water before going for voice lessons that night.

It's bad enough that I've become really absent-minded. When Gette told me that a song from the Broadway musical made it into the 10th anniversary cartoon, I was actually trying to remember which song it was when I sudenly lost my train of thought halfway. So I had a very blank look on my face while I stared at her. Most probably because my mind was blank anyway.

Then, she ran off to dinner with Rin, Ivan and Shah at Tomoe while I went home and decided that I definitely was going to see the doctor the next day. Not only had I been running a fever on-and-off since the morning but my nose was getting stuffed and I was afraid I would go into convulsions and hurt the baby.

Then, when Friday came along, I wanted to go see the doctor at 10 a.m. I got busy helping the A-levels students to do their fundraiser and when we were done, it was too late for me to run to the doctor's.

I finally went to see my doctor on Friday evening. And he gave me 7 types of medication plus some Vitamin E for my lungs.

I spent most of the weekend trying to sleep the sickness off. Even then, this morning, I just managed to roll out of bed and get to work. Even now, I'm still feeling so drained, my mind is fluff and I'm just annoyed by loud noises.

So if I seem a bit bitchier than usual, it is really not of my own wanting. Too many things going on at once with paperwork and problems piling up on my desk. Not to mention, I'm being badgered by Holiday Inn for a confirmation that they themselves said is not needed until July 18th. And today is only July 7th. Desperate!

Then, there's my students asking for a class trip but they want to do shopping instead of anything else. And when I told them to arrange it themselves since they are the ones who want it, they can't seem to agree on anything. Again, they expect me to solve everything! When I give my opinion, they argue and make it seem like I am trying to stop them. Jeez!

So, personally, I just want today done with so I can go home and sleep. I also want this week done with so that I can get Sports Day over with and then go see Shook in Bintulu. Then if he wants to pick a fight with me there, I'll just come back to Kuching and wallow since I won't be going anywhere anytime soon after that.

Trust me, this is no mood swing. It's stress. Last night I dreamt a guy was keeping me under lock and key. I wasn't allowed to see or talk to anyone without him being there. Then I woke up and thought I'd lost the baby but that turned out to be a dream within another dream.

I'm sure there is some psychological explanation for it all but I'm too tired to think it out. I just want to go home and take a break. And, if I seem like I want to push everyone away, then maybe I do, if only just to get some non-judgemental peace and quiet without too much being expected of me.

Comments (0)