Oh, and another thing about New Year is that most people start to reflect on the Old Year.

I did that for all of 5 seconds today. I do most of the reflecting on a daily/weekly/monthly basis depending on my time but I seldom wait yearly to do it. Also, I try never to regret anything I have done. What's done is done, we learn from it and move on. Why sit and mope about it?

However, to be fair, there are some things I am thankful for.
  • My parents being as understanding and loving as they have. We have our days but, more often than not, we work it out.
  • My sisters. I can't choose who my sisters are so I just have to live with them. We have our days too, sometimes much to the despair of our parents.
  • Shook. I've stopped questioning why he picked me some years back. I also know someone who I believe hates me now because I think she wanted him for herself. Cheesy as it may sound, Shook keeps me focused, strong and laughing. And I love him for those above all else.
  • Shook again. But this time, for his sister. She is one of the funniest and funnest (don't quote me on this word. My boss will kill me) person I have ever met.
  • Mac. I suppose I should mention Mac since he introduced me to Shook...twice. But, besides that, Mac's also been a great friend, although we too have our moments. Hey! I'm only human all right?!
  • My best friends, Yati in London and Angie in KL. They're the no-matter-when-or-where friends. The kind who don't see friendship as past or present but as always. (New Year cheesiness setting in) Also, we owe our friendship to this movie. But that's another long story.
  • Arthur, Eric, Jerome and Will. All friends I met through Mac and who helped me in my 'research' of Shook before we started dating. I was being cautious!
  • My job. Which I love. I'm one of the lucky few to actually love what they are doing despite having degrees in something else entirely.
  • Hornbill City Toastmasters. Through which I got to know so many talented and good friends.
I think that's about it. If by some chance I have not mentioned someone or something that I should have, then I apologise.

There are some people I have known in my life who have reminded me how ungrateful and worthless some so-called friends can be. To these people, I wish them good luck and I hope they get everything they deserve in life. I could curse them but I hear that those things come back to you three fold. They are truly in my past.

So I'll leave it as that. Now again, have a very merry and safe New Year. I'll see you all again next year. Haha!

Comments (0)