I have been getting a bit bored of those huge gatherings or meet ups we've been having. It's great fun for a while or after a long while but if I tend to hang out all the time with the exact same people I go to meet ups with, I start to get a bit bored. Somehow, I think Shook might be feeling the same so we've been avoiding the current scene of friends. Besides, there are some friends we are trying to give space to grow up and be more matured before we give in to the very strong need to put them out of our misery!!

Besides, I'm currently missing serious conversations. I mean, I get enough shallow conversations, relationship conversations, I-want-attention conversations from school. I'm surrounded by teenage angst. (Haha! This reminds me of Mac's remedy to angst. I'd like to see him try it out right now!). Anyway, as I was saying, I'm surrounded by teenage angst 8 hours in a day. I really don't need to see more of it when I go and hang out with my friends.

So last night, Shook and I went to have pizza and we invited Art and Jerome along. Art has always been a difficult person to meet so I was not too surprised to hear that he didn't want to join us. But Jerome did and after that...as I told Art, if he didn't want to go to Pizza Hut, we'll bring Pizza Hut to him. I miss that guy. He has always been my one confidante. When I first met Shook, it was Art who gave me the truth about Shook. And it was Art I trusted about Shook's characteristics. Mac told me some things too but Mac is such a fan of Shook that I was not sure whether he was being objective or not. (So now you all know what I mean when I say that I did my research). Besides, if anyone were to ask me who I am closest to among our group of guys, my first answer would be 'Art'. Art was always the first person I called when I was depressed. Once he even inevitably stopped me from driving my car into permanent oblivion. And Art was always ready to listen to me no matter when or where. Art also knows my quirks and even mood swings and weak spots for certain food.

Don't ask me at which point Art and I became such great friends. My first memory of Art was me asking him about the different possible types of dragons (which explains his knowledge of my obsession with dragons). This was after everyone was telling me that Art literally was the Game Master among us all.

Art is just one the great group of friends I have. They're all guys. I trust them more than I trust girls, honestly. Girls tend to go for power play almost immediately. When they guys don't pay attention to them, they either pout or start dissing the guys or get bitchy or they just exaggerate everything they do. I know girls like this. They just couldn't understand why the guys prefer to talk to me than to them. I know what they're thinking. They gorgeous and lively and slim. I'm fat, ugly and stupid so why do these guys still rather talk to me? My answer is I don't know. I've always been able to do this. I know how to talk to people and make them feel heard, I guess. I don't try to impose myself on them. Humility comes into it a lot. That, and being myself. Not trying too hard. So when I see things like this happen, I walk away. Now that I have Shook, it's easier to walk away. Oh, and I still have Art and Ben and Jerome. These are the guys I bother with anyway. I used to be able to count on Mac a lot too but he has Rin now so he doesn't need me around. Besides, I think he has more fun with her ;)

Comments (0)