I actually went to watch Sembilu 2005 last night. Normally nobody will catch me within 100 km of such a movie but last night I went at the behest of Azreen and Shook.

All I can say about that movie is that it is a Sepet celup. It tries so hard to catch the essence of Sepet but just makes it sordid somehow.

When I was watching Sepet, I could feel the love and affection overflowing between the characters. In Sembilu, I just wanted them to get a room and screw their frustrations away because it was annoying me.

Then there was the race issue. As Shook pointed out to me, in Sepet, there was never a racial issue. The only thing Orked's father had against Jason was that he was involved with some shady characters. But in Sembilu, it was an all-out where a Malay girl cannot even ever imagine going out with a Chinese boy, no matter how bright he is, no matter how good he is. The Malay guys, who take part in illegal racing, is better because they are...Malays. I mean, that's crap.

Then there's the classic Malay movie thing. Everyone was living in a huge mansion, driving the best cars, living such superb lives but they still bitch and moan and whine like babies. As far as I am concerned, you really want to feel pain, quit your job, move out of your parents' house, get your own place, pay for your own bills and join the real world. Before that happens, stop bitching about how life is so unfair! Brats!

On another scale, some people got all offended by my rats rant. Some even felt it was targetted at them. Isn't it ironic that the ones I target don't feel it but the ones I don't get all huffy? Oh geez! Imagine how I feel when I read other people's blogs and feel the pinch when they rant even if I know I did not matter in the equation while they were blogging?! My advice is simple. If you can't take it, don't dish it out...

Comments (0)