I meant to rant today about people who stab others in the back and people who are ungrateful after you've helped them. But then, I decided that it'd get too boring so I decided to talk about something else.

A few months ago, one of my students asked me if I would ever agree to have an open relationship. When I said no, she said she was all for it. That was when the mental tyres came to a screeching halt. I decided to see what was in this teenage girl's mind so I lowered my mentality and asked her for her definition of an open relationship.

She said, to her, an open relationship is when two people are together but they can still go around doing their own things; like the girl goes out with her friends and the guy goes out with his once in a while. I almost laughed and I told her that, to me, that's not an open relationship. That's keeping the relationship alive.

Then I explained to her that my idea of an open relationship is that two people are together, for all intents and purposes, but they will still have affairs or relationships with other people.

So my point here is that, when we talk to others, we need to be sure that their perception of what we say is the same as our perception of what we say. If not, we'll be talking at cross purposes. It's even worst when you try to explain and the other person absolutely refuse to listen to your explanation because they're always right and you're always wrong! So I figured that all the time I'm trying to help other people by being nice, some other people might perceive it as me being a busybody or not minding my own business or just plain sucking up to people at the top. And this truly sucks big time!! It's especially terrible when it happens at work where people are supposed to be professional.

Professional, my big fat ass! Some people at work are only nice to those who frigging sucks up to them or if they're white or rich! Frigging double standards!!

This was not supposed to be a rant, right? Bah!

In other news, my cousin has joined the blogsphere. He's the best cousin ever, despite the fact that I know he's not the most perfect person alive. But he's my big brother and that's all there is to it! And if I'm nice enough, cuz, do you think you could consider helping me find Angel Season 4 or 5 or even anything from Harley-Davidson for Christmas? Even this would be cool! Haha!

But I still ranted anyway, didn't I? Hee! Can't help it. Need to cleanse self of all negativity! What better place than the limbo of the blogsphere?

Comments (0)