Have you ever listened to a particularly 'emo' song and allowed it to affect your emotional state of mind?

I'll be first to admit that this happens to me on a fairly usual basis. I let myself be affected by the songs I listen to when I'm particularly stressed out by my work. Like now. It has become so bad that I feel like I'm on a really severe mood swing. My iPod is programmed to shuffle the music. So when I go from Jewel to the Top Gun soundtrack to Jem and the Holograms to Bon Jovi to Melly Goeslaw to Jason Lo and then to Marc Anthony, believe me, it's a roller coaster ride. I literally go from wanting to declare undying, eternal love and devotion to Shook to wanting to jump around and up and down to recanting my undying love and then cuddling up to Shook.

If it so happens that I'm at school and plugged into my iPod while doing some work and having breakfast at the same time, let's just say any of my students who happen to walk into the classroom usually sees a variety of facial expressions on my face. But lovely as my students are, they put it down to my being stressed and just leave me be.

My students are a beautiful group of people. They've seen me go from stressed out irritability to laughing high back down to moody. And they know when to stay away. If only some adults would show the same intelligence.

About 6 more weeks to the end of term and I have papers to grade, a yearbook to complete and reports to finalise. Above that, my Toastmasters Club (in which some key members can't seem to grasp the fact that I'm about to shoot myself from stress!!) keep trying to heap more work on me. While they do what?! Putz around town doing nothing! Good thing is, I actually said 'NO!' the other night and derailed one particular key member. Hey! I've been doing a better job at promoting the club than he has! Putz!

Anyway, in about 4 weeks, it'll be Raya and about 2 weeks after that, my school is moving venue, in which we all have to up and move stuff over to the new building. Then, a week after that, I will be free! Free to pursue my own activities. Like play some PS2 games, learn how to work some new software (maybe some desktop publishing or web designing), bake some cakes I've been dying to try out or maybe cook something and maybe I'll allow Shook to get me started on some exercises. Or maybe I'll just let Yodie loose and chase her around the yard. We'll see.

Right now, all I'll be doing is work through my work hours, wait for the bell to go at 4.00 p.m., get home, freshen up, sit and watch some TV for awhile, then it's back to work again. If I'm not at Shook's, I'll be at my computer or my laptop trying to finish more work. If I am at Shook's, sometimes I bring my laptop with me and work anyway. So the next time I hear anyone complaining how tired they are from work that actually HAS a clock-out time, I'm going to not talk to them at all for the rest of the year! Putz!

Comments (0)