I didn't get any bonus or anything yet but I figured it was time to pamper my car. Especially after all the hardship and grief she has gone through.

So this morning, I went out and got a new car audio player installed and a new car alarm system. What's the point in having a very nice audio player but the security system is crappy?

The player I bought plays DVD, CD, MP3 and MP4. It plays VCDs too but I don't have a screen for it yet so I don't see the point in that function. It also comes with a remote control and a nice, blinky (but not too ah bengish) LCD display. It hasn't got one of those well-known, overrated, expensive brands but it comes with a one-year warranty. I like it so far.

Since the player was so pretty and neat, I figured I better work on the car's security system as well. So I bought a new alarm system that comes with a shock and motion sensor. It also reminds me when I have not locked my car, locks the door when I press the brakes and locks down the car when I forget to lock it. I think it also kills the engine when the remote is not used to unlock the car. What I do know is that when the alarm goes berserk and the remote is not used to switch it off, it locks the doors and the engine will refuse to start. It's cool so far but I'm going back next month to get what the shop owner calls an immobiliser. So that's my Raya gift to myself. Haha!

Overall, I'm happy with what I got done today. At least I can go out tonight without overly worrying about my car. Yay! I can't imagine how people can go out and not care what happens to their vehicles.

Comments (0)