I was catching up on a few movies that I've been curious about.

One was Aquamarine. It's a nice summer flick about teenage best friends and a mermaid. I found it to be a very relaxing film. I didn't have to think about the plot and try to figure out the ending. I know how it would end. I just had to sit and enjoy the no-brainer show. But the mermaid bit was very enjoyable. And the popular guy that every girl in the show is after reminded me a lot of Zack throughout the whole movie. It's probably the way he talked.

I also watched An American Haunting. It's based on a true story. I've read the story before and it never ceases to scare me. The movie, though, doesn't quite catch the horror of the real thing, but it comes pretty close. One thing about western movie makers is that they try too hard to make the special effects special that it takes away the scare factor.

I finally managed to watch High School Musical. After constantly missing it on Astro, I decided to get the DVD just to see what all the noise was about. I can see now why the students at school are nuts about it. It's the modern, Disney version of Grease. And we all know what a sensation Grease is.

I also finally got round to watching Stormbreaker. It's a movie based on the book by Anthony Horowitz. This story is just one written around the time when it was cool to be a spy and even cooler to be a teenage spy. My students like the guy who plays Alex.

And how did I find so much time to watch movies? It's only possible because I ignored all my work that is piling up on my floor and decided only to answer certain phone calls. I was also home most of the time and, since it's fasting month, I don't have to go through the tedious regime of eating at certain hours. This exercise actually gives me more time to do what I want to do.

But my procrastination is over. I now have to get back to my work. Today may be my day off but I still have to work at home - yearbook and reports and grading, ahoy!!

Comments (0)