Some months ago, I intended to write blog entries on my wedding preparations. I thought it'd be fun to do and it'll also be some sort of a record of pre-wedding activities for me.

Now, with school year-end chaos, exams, paper marking, report writing combined with wedding preparations, the last thing I want to do is keep a record of what I'm doing for the wedding.

I do have photos and I do keep track of what I'm doing but I'm not putting it down on paper. I'll most probably wait for my friend in the UK to get me the wedding book I asked for and I'll write things down in there.

Right now, all I want is for the weekend to come and get the whole thing over with. Unfortunately, when I say it'll finally be over, some people think I am very eager to get married, which I'm not. I'm just following the natural evolution of things. Another group of people think I'm eager to have sex, which my only reply is 'Phht! Lambat cerita!'. Another group of people think a wedding is so ultra exciting and oh-my-god-so-awesome to which I want to say 'Put a sock in it and if I had my way, we'd have been married already by last weekend and having a nice quiet dinner with 5 tables of friends and family at a nice restaurant!'

My parents may be in the limelight all the time but I have spent my entire life avoiding it. Dumping me in that limelight now is working hell on my system and if I cringe or frown on my wedding day, that's the reason why. I might even start crying out of fear. I never liked being the center of attention and being there makes me nervous. Some people throw a tantrum when they don't get their way or start sulking when people pay attention to someone else. Me, I just retreat into the shadows and watch people make fools of themselves.

Unfortunately, this coming weekend, I'll be that fool in the limelight, walking around under the guise of being the queen for the day. I am more looking forward to seeing family and friends I've not seen in a while and enjoying time alone with Shook.

I'm going to do my nails on Thursday, my hair on Friday. By Sunday evening, I'm going to chop my hair off and get back into my jeans and t-shirt.

Limelight can kiss my big, fat behind!

Comments (0)