In all the years I've known Shook, he has never actually come out and told me he loved me. He's more of an action person. He'll show me he loves me but he'll never say it. I believe this is because he feels that talk is cheap. Actions do better.

On the other hand, I'm more likely to say it often, not to bore him (I hope!) or anything but to assure him that I do. Then again, I also act like I love him and I don't try to beat him up as if I hate him. Not that I can beat him up, but you get my point.

So, with all that's been going on, I have long declared that on the day he tells me he loves me, I'm likely to fall off wherever I'm at and hit the floor with a huge thud!

What's really funny is, on the day he did finally say it, it was in a different language and I was already on the floor! His timing, being what it is, was either so bad or it was so that I had to behave once he did say it.

We were opening wedding presents on Sunday night and both of us sat in the middle of the floor surrounded by my family and his. Then we came across a present that Nuril read as 'plateau' and I went 'huh?'. Syuk said it was French for 'plate' to which Nuril replied that she didn't take French long enough to know. Then Syuk turned to me and said he loved me. In French! Being blur as I was I actually asked what he said. He replied 'I like you." and Nuril (bless her soul!) said "I thought it means I love you!"

So, no thud because I was already sitting on the floor. We were surrounded by family so I couldn't very well drag him back into the room. I got my long-awaited and long-fought-for 'I love you' but in a foreign language. And Arieanna spent the whole night pointing at Shook and demanding to be taken by him.

Ceh! I had to marry the one guy little children like so much!

Comments (0)