I've been doing a lot of things on my own this week. My family has gone to Singapore, partly for a holiday and mostly for an official function. The one sister left here seems more concerned with her friends and bringing unknown guys to our house. Most friends I know are either working or rather not do what I'd like to do. And besides, who wants to be seen with a pregnant friend?

So, on Tuesday, I spent most of my morning going to the hospital for a check-up then went to send some things to be mailed to my father in KL then went to school to pick up some work. After that I went back to the hospital for the second half of my check-up.

Today, I decided to go watch a movie on my own and tonight I have to go back to the hospital to get another check-up done. And I still have some school work to finish up before Monday rolls by.

I'm a bit depressed doing everything on my own but it's not affected my outward mood or anything. So I'm not sure what prompted me to scold a group of girls at the cinema today. I was obviously in line and they decided to cut the line. So I said "Excuse me but I'm pretty sure I was here first." To which one of them, quite obligingly and nicely, replied "But there is a counter here opened."

So I pointed out, rather obviously that the counter has nobody sitting there and it would be really silly to be waiting to buy a ticket in front of an empty counter, wouldn't it? So she changed tactics and said "Oh. So which is the right way?" So I pointed at the sign saying 'IN' and said 'That one says to come in that way and the other one says to go out that way." as I then pointed to the sign saying 'OUT'. The other girl with her decided to play blonde and say "Oh, I'm so lost now."

If I was being bitchy, I would have said,"Nah. You're not lost. You're just stupid."

And when I got to the counter, the ticket lady was scolding another group of kids about going the right way and getting in line. When I got to her, she said, "These kids. Go to school but don't know how to read."

I had to laugh.

Comments (0)