Yesterday was another of those days when I really didn't want to be alone. Fortunately, Gette was there to rescue me from possible depression.

I always get down-in-the-dumps when Shook leaves home to go back to Bintulu. I try not to be but it tends to hit me at the worst possible moment. Like yesterday, after Gette very eagerly agreed to go watch X-Files and The Mummy, we went for the X-Files movie at noon. Right in the middle of the movie, which was by no means emotional or anything, I suddenly started to cry. I don't even know why. Maybe it was because I suddenly thought of Shook and wished he was there. Logically, I would not be crying but yesterday, I did.

Luckily, Gette realised why I needed to watch movies or be busy when she asked about Shook and I told her that he had just left for Bintulu. But since we had both agreed to go for X-Files at noon and then The Mummy at 7 p.m., we both felt adequately busy since we had to go for Words Worth the sequel at 4 p.m. anyway.

Words Worth is not a movie or anything but it's just a few people getting to together to read out what they have written. It could be a story or a poem. Yesterday, we had about 10 people reading so we used up the entire 2 hours we had scheduled just for the event.

It would have been a hectic day for me if I hadn't gone home after X-Files to take a nap. X-Files was good but only recommended for people who are fans of the show. If you aren't, don't bother really. The parts that fans squee at, you'd probably think 'So what?'. Also, contrary to most Hollywood movies today, X-Files had very little action. Most of the movie involved connecting the dots and wondering at how Mulder and Scully have aged. That is, right before you realise how old the movie makes you feel after you've connected the dots.

And what can I say about The Mummy? It's folloiwng the trend of all other sequels this year. You're either finally going home (like Rambo 4) or you've got a son to take on your legacy (like Indiana Jones). However, the O'Connell son seems to have developed a little issue with his parents. Which I find a little odd for a boy to have if you've been brought up the English way. The English aren't known to be touchy-feely like the Americans. So why did the writers give the son a complex about his parents?

Anyway, I enjoyed the movie for entertainment value. If you're looking for a deeper purpose this movie, forget it. It's just run and gun and yell and make bad jokes along the way. Also, don't bother trying to contemplate the historical factor. This movie is pure faction. Facts were distorted greatly to fit the fictional plot. I'll watch it again but only if for free.

After the movie, Iw ent phone and called Shook as usual. We talked for awhile then I went to sleep. Despite the reltively early night, I still feel sleepy this afternoon. No matter how much sleep I get, I still feel sleepy.

Just another thing about being pregnant, I suppose.

Comments (0)