I had a dream last night. I know I've had dreams before but never of this nature. It was long dream but bits of it have disappeared from my memory throughout the day. I'm only going to write what I do remember.

I remember walking into the scene of a horrible murder. The forensics were already there processing the scene. As I walked around, I overhead some comments they made. One of which was that they could not as yet establish how the killer seemed to be at two places at the same time. And they could find no evidence of there being more than one killer.

The scene then changed to a petrol station where another murder was committed at the front store. The next scene was at a school and another scene was in the woods.

The murders were rather grisly. It was too clean to be Texas Chainsaw Massacre but too messed up to be a regular murder. And there was no common factor. The victims of the first murder were the entire family, the petrol store were the attendant and cashier, the school was the principal and the woods was a teenage hitchhiker.

I remember how some were slashed open at their throats and some were shot. It was weird. At one point, I remember looking into the chest of the teenager and wondering where his lungs went. He was like an empty casket.

Well, at this point, I suddenly woke up, feeling cold so I adjusted my air-con, and checked the time. I think it was only 4 a.m. so I went back to sleep. Then I dreamt what seemed to be the other side of the story.

I followed 3 men into the house of the first murder. They were all dressed in black, 2 armed with knives and 1 with a handgun. They broke in and surprised the woman in the kitchen. I thought they wanted to rape her but they merely slit her throat. There was a sound from upstairs and one of the guys hid behind the door going to the study. The other two hid in the kitchen. A man walked down the stairs. At this point, I knew he was the next victim and I wanted to scream at him to run but, at the same time, I knew he was meant to die anyway and I didn't bother making a sound. So I just watched as he walked into the study and got his throat slit. And since he was busy reading the papers he was holding, he didn't even have time to resist before he died.

For the rest of the dream, I think I followed the 3 men as they went on a murder spree. I remember wondering why they were doing this. They didn't take any money or valuables. They just killed. They were enjoying themselves, laughing and shouting, like teenage boys high on life itself. Nobody stopped them since they didn't show any outward aggression. It was only that they were murderers.

I do remember at one point they were in a van and that's how they picked up the hitchhiker. I knew what was going to happen. I did think to try and tell someone but thought twice about it. I knew nobody would listen to me. So I stood back and resigned to being a watcher.

As they taunted the hitchhiker in the woods, I woke up to the beeping of my alarm.

I think that dream was the result of CSI New York last night and Brimstone. Maybe next time, if I want to read a book by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child before going to bed, I should stick to Relic or Reliquary.

Comments (0)