The title may sound philosophical but, trust me, this is anything but!

I had the best luck today. I do thank God for it and I did even as I looked at the cloudy skies and hoped it didn't rain. I had to run into Carpenter Street really quickly today to pick up something. All Kuchingites know how horrible it is to find a parking spot in Carpenter Street. I was so not looking forward to it. However, just as I got into Carpenter Street, a Kancil drove out of a spot which happened to be just a few steps away from the shop I wanted to go to!

And when I got back to school, I had just enough time left to finish marking my exam papers before the dismissal bell rang. To add a good feeling to today, my boss cut the meeting short and shooed us all home!

In other news, I had a meeting-less night tonight so I was able to sit and watch CSI with Shook. I'm still determined to make a CSI phone theme - if I ever get round to it! I have everything - the songs, the images, even some sound files - but I just don't have the energy to be creative or the patience to sit still or the focus to go through it. Ah well...

Also, I made contact with two dear friends who I have not heard from in ages. The last time I heard from my girl friend was maybe 6 years ago and the last time I even emailed or called the guy friend was 2 (?) years ago. So I've been glad to email them the past few days and catch up.

At the end of this month, my Norwegian cousins will be in Kuching. Some of them are coming in this weekend, others next week. They are here for our family Mowe Convention. When I tell people I have Norwegian relatives, they immediately assume it's through marriage. Well, it is if you are considering the fact that my ancestor married a Norwegian, sailed to Norway and lived the rest of his life there and that my relatives there now are his descendants. Some people I know have even been snide about it. I don't understand some people. Just because you're not happy, don't be caustic to those of us who are.

Which reminds of a whole set of friends I used to have...but that's a story for another day!

I'm planning to invite my cousins to school to speak to my students about their lives in Norway. One's in the military and the other is a nurse. They're both girls. And if the male cousin who will be coming is the one I'm thinking he is, he has the most bluest blue eyes I've ever seen in my entire life - and I've seen a few! Scandinavians, what did you expect? :)

I'm excited to meet them. Jerome will be asked to go as his dad's proxy and I told my mom that if she needs any IT help, she could ask him. I think he'd be willing to assist her. I wonder if I could ask Georgette to do an article about this. Hmmm...I'll ask my mom.

For now, this is all from me. My life is hectic but not much of a rollercoaster this time round. It feels more like tobogganing in winter than plummeting down a mountain as it used to. Maybe of some things that are going on that is distracting me from my grievances. And my students have been lovely this week so I'm content.

Comments (0)