I spent the entire weekend going up to the airport and coming back down again. It was exhausting. I have parents who go up and down the plane the same way us regular mortals go in and out of our cars! It's not frustrating or anything. It's just tiring for the rest of us who need to keep up with them. And we're half their age!

I wanted to sit in on an RPG game last night but I was so tired from work that I even fell asleep in the car when I was accompanying my mom to the doctor. So I figured there was no way I'm driving anywhere on my own. Tonight, I might join them because I need the Game Master's help for school.

Today, I opened a can of worms. Much to my delight, and chagrin, my students grabbed the assignment and are running with it! What do I mean? Well, our next chapter in the lesson is all about castles. So I divided them into 2 groups. Each group has a 'Lord'. His job now is to design his castle, expand his military and assign duties to his 'people'. The thing is they got so enthusiastic about it that I now need to throw in some rules and regulations. So I need to limit their growth possibilities. In other words, I've managed to create the first pen-and-paper RPG group for my school! So I'm going to take a page out of Age of Empires and throw it at them!

I may have also mentioned that after one month of planning, they will attack each other on a turn basis. I forgot the exact term for that. So I now need to assign numbers just like RPG. But without dice. At least, I hope I can avoid using dice.

Dang! I need an in-house Game Master soon!

What have I done?!

Haha!! But it's fun to see them wheeling and dealing. Boys who normally use rough words and fists now have to negotiate and persuade. It's funny.

I had some other news to share but I'll keep it for later.

Comments (1)

On Tuesday, January 30, 2007 8:29:00 pm , Unknown said...

Where were teachers like you when I was in school? :(