I came home from work today to see Astro Max decoders everywhere. There was one downstairs in our dining room, one more in the family living room and another in my parents' bedroom. Personally, I don't think it's anything to scream about because I rarely even know what's going on on Astro anyway. Until I do come across a show I just cannot live without, then maybe I'll find the Astro Max worth it. Until then, I'll watch repeats or wait for someone to tell me what I missed. Or download!

I was really sick over the weekend. I got caught in the heavy rain on Friday night and was walking around with wet feet and wearing wet clothes. I would have showered at Shook's place if I even thought to bother. But by the time we finished dinner and Rin came and sat with us, I was already feeling too drowsy and warm to make much of an effort. I was already sneezing all day that day and I was feverish by the time Shook sent me home that night. So by Saturday morning, I was burning up and feeling generally miserable. Luckily, I had some leftover antibiotics and fever medication. I did insist on going out for dinner that night with my parents but I actually fell asleep on one of the sofas in the hotel waiting area.

The only good thing about the weekend bout of fever was that I lost my appetite. I went without food all day Monday and Tuesday. And when I say I went without food, I really mean it. I ate nothing all day. I know some people's idea of not eating all day means they didn't eat a full plate of rice with all the trimmings. I only drank. Until Shook took me to buy kebabs last night. And I had one of the kebabs for lunch today. So appetite gone but thirst up the wazoo.

And now, I'm waiting to get paid so that I could go have salad at Tao. Hee! Hee!

Oh, I was surfing the web aimlessly tonight when I came across an article which said : "Most people think that we use protein to build strong muscles. The truth is that we use Amino acids to create the proteins we need to build strong muscles and every other part of the body. Our bodies have to break down the protein that we consume into its individual amino acids before we can use it. This process is supposed to happen in the digestive system. It has a hard time converting deranged protein into usable amino acids.The best sources for amino acids, to build strong bodies, are vegetables and fruits. The lowly lettuce salad has more usable protein in the form of amino acids than a stake. Because most plant foods have the protein in the form we need the body has less work to do to digest the food."

It's fascinating. I always knew meat was dangerous because it gives people gout. But I also thought it helped give energy. Then I see that vegetables do it just as well. Thanks goodness I'm an omnivore! And then there's this. And the cause.

The things I read to impress my students...haha!

In other bits of my life, I am still car-less. Apparently, I will be until this coming weekend...I hope. If I'm still car-less next week, I think my father will start getting edgy. I'm going out for dinner this Saturday night. Shook's been invited along. It's my family's usual birthday dinner. We can't have it exactly on the 21st because my parents have been invited to Jennifer Jabu's wedding reception.

Oh, I absolutely love Shook's car's new midnight blue colour. My car will be platinum silver with blue dust. Can't wait to see it!

Anyway, I think it's time I went to bed. Tomorrow is another long day for me.

Listening to: Etre PrĂȘtre Et Aimer Une Femme - Daniel Lavoie (Frollo) - Notre-Dame de Paris

Comments (3)

On Friday, January 19, 2007 4:17:00 am , Anonymous said...

but but but... i love meat!!

 
On Friday, January 19, 2007 10:21:00 am , Anonymous said...

Long live the humble vegetable. Maybe there was some truth to Popeye's miraculous muscle-growing spinach after all!

Hope you're feeling loads better :)

 
On Sunday, January 21, 2007 2:15:00 am , Anonymous said...

happy birthday to you
happy birthday to you
happy birthday dearest bugsy
happy birthday to you!!

hope you have a great day!!

xx