I've not remembered a dream in a long time. And, despite being unable to fall asleep, I had what felt like a long dream last night and I woke up actually remembering it.

In my dream, I think I was a member of a street gang. And I was a petite girl who, I realised later, had once fallen in love with a member of a rival gang, who later became the leader of that gang. Yeah, very Romeo and Juliet.

The gang concept was a modern-day Oliver Twist plus a bit of The Fast and Furious. I only knew this because I was the street person while some of my other gang members were carjackers. And I think the leader 'I' was in love with was also a carjacker. It was really weird.

There was one scene in the dream when I was at the Headquarters and I got confused because I saw one gang member twice in two different parts of the building within seconds of each sighting. I ran out to see if his car was parked outside. It was. At that exact moment, I saw him driving by in his car. That's when I realised one was a fake. I checked the car, ran into the building and told someone that the guy in the building was the fake one. Then I ran out and drove his car away.

The car was pretty slick too. It was a 'sleeper' car. It had all the power for racing but you'd never know it from the outside. I had to drive the car really fast because I think the rival gang was on to me and they kept chasing me all around town.

It was this moment when I realised that 'I' was once the lover of the leader of the rival gang because I had memory flashes of what 'we' used to do together. It'd be a montage except there was no song and the scenes were definitely rated R.

I then decided to confront the leader there and then. I had turned right into rival territory when my alarm clock woke me up.

Now that I think about it, I really should start writing all these down and publish it as series of short stories.

Comments (1)

On Thursday, May 10, 2007 12:58:00 pm , Anonymous said...

did you watch the re-run of Westside Story again? ;)