I'm back on the difficult cycle again. It's one of those things that make things very difficult for me. With my work schedule, I need to eat at a specific time or else I'd risk being hungry when I can't go get or eat food. So I buy food and eat when I can spare the time. This doesn't help me at all because I'm going through some very erratic hunger moods. I'm hardly ever hungry so I don't eat. And when I do get hungry, it's at a time when it's not practical to eat, like 1.00 a.m. If I do give in and eat at 1.00 a.m. it would mean that I'm up until 2.00 a.m. and then I need to jump out of bed at 6.30 a.m. and be at work from 7.30 a.m. to 4.00 p.m.

So, in the whole scheme of things, my body is giving me so much trouble. And this always happens when the weather changes. This has been going on since I was in the U.S. I'd eat all winter and then my food intake dwindles down to almost nothing during the summer. I know there's no winter and summer here but there is hot and rainy which amounts to almost the same thing. So now, I'm down to not wanting to eat at all or being extremely fussy about what to eat. In short, I'm doing a 'Yodie'!

And when I get fussy, Shook gets cranky. Yet, last night, he was incredibly patient when I demanded McDonald's despite him wanting to eat at home and then I could not decide what to eat when we did get to McDonald's. And when we did get home, I pouted and insisted I didn't want to share my chicken with Yodie, who is spoilt enough anyway. Then, moments later, I turned around and said I couldn't finish my chicken and went hunting for Yodie to help me with leftovers. Which got Shook all sighing again.

All in all, I know I'm going to be a difficult person to handle for the next few days. Something will snap me out of it eventually. But, until then, I'm hoping this is just PMS and I'll not have to handle all these mood swings and fickle-mindedness for very long.

Comments (0)