I went for my first ever voice tryout last night. I've always wanted to take voice lessons. It's fascinating to be able to belt out a song. Not just any song but songs from musicals.

And Gette had to go and find us someone who absolutely lives and breathes musicals. To be fair, I got excited when I saw the music sheets for 'Les Miserables' so the teacher (Misato) also got excited.

The excitement was such that she then proceeded to pass me the music sheet for 'I Dreamt A Dream' and Gette 'On My Own' from 'Les Miserables.

Oh, and despite my convinctions that I cannot sing to save my life, I've discovered that I can go between an alto and a soprano. Maybe that's why she passed me the sheet for 'I Dreamt A Dream'.

Although it is cheaper if there were more than the two of us, I like it just being Gette and me there. We like the same songs, there's less waiting time and we're both apprehensive yet almost excited that we might end up singing with Misato one day. Oh god! Help!

I'm excited now. I can't wait for next week.

Comments (2)

On Friday, May 04, 2007 7:27:00 pm , HeadLiner said...

Voice lessons /

Hmm..someone said "hey, your cousin looks like Melinda Doolittle of A.I."
:)

 
On Monday, May 07, 2007 1:09:00 pm , Raven said...

Wohoo! I don't watch A.I. enough to know what she sounds like. But hey, she can sing! Haha!
I suppose I should say 'Thank you! Thank you!' unless, of course, Melinda Doolitlle is the bitchy sort. Then I'll say 'No way!' ;)