I've been so busy that I'm surprised I haven't broken down yet.

Yesterday alone, I had two Toastmastrs reports to collate, two sets of exam papers to prepare and, to top it all, I didn't feel like doing any of that. I wanted to play games. But since all of the work I had to do was due today, I had to force myself to do it.

Once today is done, I have to mark those exam papers, prepare two more for tomorrow and brief my students on what they have to do for Assembly on Friday. I don't run Assembly, they do. I just oversee that nobody disturbs them while they work and that they do everything properly.

Then on Friday, I'm flying off to Pontianak. What better place to visit for someone who loves vampire lore? Well, other than Romania and the Carpathian mountains, of course. Then I'll be back on Sunday. School holidays start on Saturday but I still have to go in to work on Tuesday and Thursday next week to invigilate Cambridge exams.

I did so much walking around the school yesterday that my ankles hurt by evening. And when I'm invigilating exams, I don't sit down. I walk around even while I'm marking papers. Then I went with Shook to Saberkas, walked around with him at his speed. He, of course, criticised me for being slow but I was too tired to explain why I was walking slowly. I've tried it before but he doesn't quite understand. So I don't bother. Not many people will understand anyway.

Last night, I slept at 2 a.m., woke up at 4.30 a.m., did more work then came in to work. Tonight, I have a Toastmasters AGM which might last until 11ish. On Thursday, I have my usual voice lessons at 6, then run off to a staff dinner at 7.

All I can say is I am so looking forward to the holidays even if I do have to mark papers and write reports. But at least I can do it from home where I can play my Sims 2 and Neverwinter Nights 2.

And the real purpose of this entry is to ask if anyone wants to go watch Pirates of the Caribbean 3 and Shrek 3 next week? I'm free during the day except for Tuesday and Thursday so I can even go in the afternoon. Let's go! Let's go! SMS me if you're interested.

Comments (1)

On Wednesday, May 23, 2007 11:25:00 pm , Anonymous said...

WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!! :(( i want to go!!! :((