I've been having a series of really odd dreams recently. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that I've been sleeping fairly early to avoid listening to the noise from the temple behind my house. The last time I was bothered by the noise I slept late and woke up with a headache. And because they kept me up until 1.30 a.m. I let the house alarm go on for a good few minutes when it was triggered in the morning. If they want to keep me up until late, I was definitely going to wake them up as early as I had to be up.

Anyway, my dream. It's the best and the most chaotic so far.

I dreamt I was to perform The Phantom of the Opera on stage. In my dream, my student was one of the cast members too so her parents were driving us to the venue. When we got there, it was a typical stage performance venue. Backstage was chaos with everyone running everywhere and there was lots of yelling. The odd thing was that there was no dress rehearsal. Heck, there was no rehearsals at all. That day was show day itself.

Anyway, one guy, most likely the producer, was allocating numbers to cast members depending on their roles. My student was number 7. I remember because she kept saying it over and over again. Being me, I kept quiet while trying to understand the number system. Everyone had a number based on their order of importance. Then the producer looked at me and asked for my number. I was a bit confused so I replied that I didn't know and that all I knew was I was to play Christine. He literally jumped and said, "You're number one! Come with me!"

He led me to my dressing room which he said I was sharing with my co-star. When I walked in, there were two beds with a curtain partition in the middle of the room. On one bed was a guy sleeping. When I asked who he was, the producer said "Oh, he's the Phantom."

And I could swear it was Jared Padalecki.

Anyway, the scene changed and I was wearing a dress exactly like the one for Christine Daae. And I was being hassled on stage. Jared was singing his bit (very well, I might add!) and I knew my turn was coming up. My only thought though was that I had no clue where to go on stage. There had been no rehearsals and I was so winging it.

Well, I walked on stage and jumped right into The Music of The Night which flowed into The Phantom of The Opera. And I sang so well that I shocked myself.

I think I dreamt on for most of the show. Then, just as we were about to get to the point near the end where the mob was going into the labyrinth to go after the Phantom, my alarm went off and I woke up.

It was an exciting dream. I want a repeat or a sequel, damn it!


Listening to: Fighter - Christina Aquilera

Comments (0)